What you’ll be doing:
- Teaming with professionals from diverse backgrounds – including planning, engineering,landscape architecture, surveying, IT, and marketing – to build innovative solutions to complex geospatial problems.
- Creating, updating, managing, and sharing GIS data in web and desktop environments.
- Configuring intuitive web-based and mobile GIS solutions for use by non-GIS experts.
- Converting data between CAD and GIS formats.
- Designing maps and exhibits for use in meetings, presentations, and reports.
- Assisting with development and documentation of GIS standards and best practices.
- Acting as an advocate for GIS and spatial technology with internal and external clients.
- Providing GIS technical support and training for internal and external GIS users.
What we are looking for:
- 1-5+ years professional experience using the Esri ArcGIS platform (ArcGIS Desktop,ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, Esri Configurable Apps and Solutions, ArcGIS APIs,etc.).
- Knowledge of GIS concepts and technology, including principles of web GIS.
- Experience with geospatial database design, management, and documentation.
- Familiarity with cartographic design principles.
- Ability to move tasks forward to completion in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Motivated to stay current in the rapidly evolving field of GIS through training and life-long learning.
- Experience working with local governments or water/wastewater utilities preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience in an Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (A/E/C) environment preferred, but not required.
What background you will need:
- Minimum 4-year degree in GIS, or related field.
- Certificate in GIS preferred, but not required.
- Completion of GISCI Geospatial Core Technical Knowledge Exam is preferred, but not required.
Future team members can apply here.